How we can help you let your property
Renting your home or investment property is a great way to enable you to move without selling while at the same time creating revenue, and as an investor you are generating revenue to assist in paying for your investment to maximize its revenue potential when the time comes to cash out and sell.
You might be moving temporarily for your job or due to a change in your personal circumstances, or creating a nest egg for your retirement. Whatever the reason, we can help you quickly secure a tenant, who should return your home to you in the condition you originally rented it, with fair wear and tear excepted. We can also clearly explain landlord responsibilities and what that means for you.
Renting in the Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Renting your home is a very different type of process as renting as an investor with a portfolio of properties for profit, let us help you asses how best to achieve this suited your needs and desired outcome.
Tenant and landlord responsibilities and rights
Questions to consider before you rent your home
We suggest you have answers to the following questions to help match your property to the right tenant:
- How long are you likely to rent your home or property for?
- Is the property furnished or unfurnished?
- What are all the current costs of running your home?
- What items do you plan to take and what are you happy to leave for tenants?
- Have you any electrical or gas safety certificates and information on how to work heating and appliances?
- Do you have any guarantees on the property we should be aware of?
Getting your home Rent Ready
Once our rental agents have taken this information into consideration, our next task is to get the property rent ready and our property experts will:
- Provide a current rental market evaluation of comparable properties in your location.
- If required, survey your home to work out what work is required to rent the property legally
- Discuss the achievable rent
- Make recommendations on any changes to the property to increase the rental potential
- Market the property across different rental and social media sites, taking photographs of the property to maximize its appeal and highlight its best features
- Help you decide which of our services is most suited to you
- In addition we will help you understand how to be a landlord, your responsibilities and tenant rights
Protecting you and your home
We do this through:
- Tenant qualification process that provides some assurances on tenant placement
- Periodic property checks thought the rental period, these checks are arranged in advance with the tenant and are coordinated with the other requirements such as fire detector tests or heating appliance checks.
- Our licensed property managers have an inventory and photographs taken prior to the tenancy and these are compared to the current property condition.
- These condition reports may be part of your insurance requirement and we provide these to you or your insurance company.
- Understanding all of the Health & Safety legislation affecting landlords and advising you accordingly
- Understanding any changes to landlord and tenant law via the Residential Tenancy Act or other laws
- Specialist rent loss insurance. Most landlord insurance will only cover you for certain losses, whereas we can refer you to a specialist insurance company who have designed a bespoke policy. This will compensate you for loss of rent and legal bills.
- We have taken care of hundreds of landlords’ homes and looked after their tenants to ensure a happy tenancy.
How can we help?